(In no particular order)
- Heart and Soul
- Fur Elise
- Stairway to Heaven
- That song by the White Stripes (Seven Nation Army?)
- Smoke on the Water
- Clocks by Coldplay (Donna’s suggestion)
- Theme from Rugrats (Shane’s suggestion)
Have any more you’d like to add? How about some music teachers should ban themselves from using as repertoire?
We have a grand piano in the lobby of the school, and more often than not students are banging away on it with any old tune. If I see them doing this I go up and gently suggest that for such a beautiful piano we really need “beautiful music”. That does one of two things
– they look embarrassed and walk away or go to a piano practice room
– they proceed to play the beautiful piece they’ve been working so diligently on for so long.
It is highly likely that many parents would consider me persnickety but I don’t care. Teaching my students the value of pleasing an audience through music rather than pleasing just yourself is an ultimate goal of mine.